Re: Pre-release

"Andrew D. Hwang" <ahwang@mathcs.holycross.edu> writes:

> The camera capabilities from the 0.9 code are being retro-fitted to the
> 0.8.10 sources as a kind of smoke test. There's a semi-usable tarball at

I've been semi-using it, to see how well it works on the old stuff.
I haven't be playing with any of the new features.

> * All "P" functions return type <triple> (P(x,y) = (x,y,0)), so most
>  declarations of type <pair> need to be changed.

I changed a lot of "pair"s to "triples"s to get my old stuff to
compile.  Is that what I'm supposed to do?
This is minorly bothersome, since they were two-dimensional.  It
doesn't feel natural to call the points triples.  (I know that's how
they're internally represented, and that their triple-ness can be
exploited, but when I'm working with a point in the plane, it's
somewhat disconcerting to call them triples.)
So, am I doing something wrong?  Or is there some way of defining an
alias for triple? ("point"?)  Or should I just suck it up and deal
with it?

Oh, by the way, Line isn't working right.

Jay