Re: Additional headers and other options

Andrew Hwang <ahwang@radius.holycross.edu> writes:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Andrew Hwang wrote:
>
> > On 3 Sep 2002, Jay Belanger wrote:
> >
> > > functions as well as defines can be put in the headers file), but is
> > > it reasonable for there to be something like an epix init file, such
> > > as ~/.epix, in which local customizations can be put?
> > >
> > Using a config file is a possibility; the easiest syntax to implement is
> > to have lines like -I~/myheaders/myheader.h. I'll look at Andrew's email
> > (he had comments about config files) and get back to you. :)
> >
> I still haven't had time to implement a config file, but it should happen
> very soon. My plan is to name the file .epixrc and search for it in $HOME.
> The format will be lines of the form:
> -Imyincludedir
> -Lmylibdir
> -lmylib
> namely the same as the command-line options (which are the same as
> compiler flags).

I think that'd be nice.
My feeling is that having init files will encourage (rather than only
allow) personal customizations, and make them easier to use.

> > > (For that matter, can epix assume the #include "epix.h"?)
> I don't know with certainty offhand, but I suspect not;

Well, it was a silly idea, anyhow; even if the ability were there, it
wouldn't gain much.

> On a separate subject, did you get reverse() to compile? Sorry for the
> typo/omission in the posted code!

I didn't realize that there was a typo.
I changed reverse to exactly math K&R, and now the file will compile
as long as I don't actually use it, in which case I get an error
message
  epix: Compiling...done
  /usr/bin/epix: line 197:  6061 Segmentation fault      ./$TEMP_BIN >>$OUTROOT.eepic
  epix: Wrote jay.eepic
jay.eepic will only contain
  %% Generated from jay.c on Thu Sep  5 14:34:54 CDT 2002

At any rate, it isn't a big deal; if I need it, I shouldn't bother you
about it.

Jay