Re: Additional headers and other options

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Andrew Hwang wrote:

> On 3 Sep 2002, Jay Belanger wrote:
>
> > functions as well as defines can be put in the headers file), but is
> > it reasonable for there to be something like an epix init file, such
> > as ~/.epix, in which local customizations can be put?
> >
> Using a config file is a possibility; the easiest syntax to implement is
> to have lines like -I~/myheaders/myheader.h. I'll look at Andrew's email
> (he had comments about config files) and get back to you. :)

I still haven't had time to implement a config file, but it should happen
very soon. My plan is to name the file .epixrc and search for it in $HOME.
The format will be lines of the form:
-Imyincludedir
-Lmylibdir
-lmylib
namely the same as the command-line options (which are the same as
compiler flags).

> > (For that matter, can epix assume the #include "epix.h"?)
I don't know with certainty offhand, but I suspect not; to my knowledge
there's no way to specify header files on the command line, but that's
what the script would have to do in order to force the compiler to read
epix.h without an #include line. (There are certain kludgey solutions,
such as having the script prepend the #include line to a source file iff
the line is not present, but this doesn't seem robust or portable.)

On a separate subject, did you get reverse() to compile? Sorry for the
typo/omission in the posted code!

--Andy

Andrew D. Hwang			ahwang at mathcs dot holycross dot edu
Department of Math and CS	http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross	(508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395	(508) 793-3530 (fax)