using epix in larger c++ project

Friends:
    I tried to send this earlier, but I must have sent to a wrong address.
 Apologies if it goes through twice.
    I am planning on epix both in batch mode and in a larger c++ app. What
is the best way to go about this?  I have at the source code and it
looks(from output.cc and the epix bash script), like this can all be
done by creating a class in my app for graphing using the epix
namespace and inheriting the functionality that outputs the eepic file
to output a string instead.  Is this the right direction?

Any ideas would be helpful as I map this out.
thanks,
Will