Re: Differences in EPS with _almost_ equal XP

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> I've done 2 different images which are however, mostly the same.
> Still, the result is quite different.
> Both xp and the obtained eps.gz are attached.

Dear Paulo,

The attached PDF files were compiled from your xp files. Is this what you
were expecting?  Non-zero offsets also seem to work with your files under
gcc-3. A few people have found that epix has some unpredictable problems
under gcc-4.x. I don't know if this is a problem in epix or a bug in
gcc-4, though I suspect the latter. :)

Is it possible for you to use gcc-3 instead of gcc-4?  You'll have to edit
the Makefile, then do "make epix" to rebuild the script so it finds the
right version of the compiler. (An upcoming release will make it much
easier to configure and build epix; Julian Gilbey has done a huge amount
of work coaxing epix to use automake and autoconf, and building a debian
package. If you're not in a great hurry, it may be easiest to wait.)

Best,
Andy

Andrew D. Hwang			ahwang@mathcs.holycross.edu
Department of Math and CS	http://math.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross	(508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395	(508) 793-3530 (fax)