Re: bug in ePiX 1.0.4

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Ryszard Tanas wrote:

> Is syntax.xp a working example? I dont know how to compile it.

Dear Ryszard,

Glad to hear you were able to build ePiX2. The file syntax.xp was "scratch
paper", and should have been left out of the tarball. :)

> In the meantime I work with version 1.0.4 and I found a bug which is
> related to function red(). It looks like for the color red the borders of
> the drawn object are not recognized properly, and I see only a part of the
> figure. I did not test all the colors but at list for black and blue I can
> see whole the figure. I am sending an example showing the problem and two
> resulting figures with red() in effect and with red() commented out.
> Is this really a bug, or I am doing something wrong?

Interestingly, I can't reproduce the problem; the red quadrilateral
appears correctly when I compile your file, and the eepic files differ in
the expected way. My guess would be that ps2epsi is cropping the two-color
figure too closely for some reason. (Or...did you perhaps replace ps2epsi
with ps2eps or another conversion script?)

Best,
Andy

Andrew D. Hwang			ahwang@mathcs.holycross.edu
Department of Math and CS	http://math.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross	(508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395	(508) 793-3530 (fax)