Re: ePiX2 by CVS

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Jay Belanger wrote:

> > I'll keep the savannah sources stable, uploading only changes that result
> > in a buildable, usable library rather than daily bleeding-edge edits.
>
> Is the pre.tar.bz2 supposed to be working?

Yes. :)

> I'm not sure how to install it, but "make" in the directory it's
> unpacked in gives me:
>
>   [Epix]> make
>   g++ -c -Wall Pair.cc
>   g++ -c -Wall Functions.cc
>   Functions.cc: In function `T ePiX2::identity(T)':
>   Functions.cc:95: error: `arg' undeclared (first use this function)
>   Functions.cc:95: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
>   make: *** [Functions.o] Error 1
>   [Epix]>

Oops... Line 95 should read:

   template<class T> T identity(T arg) { return arg; }
                                 ^^^^

My test platforms run old compilers, and none of the three complained.
Guess that's a sign to upgrade. :)

> > Future announcements will normally be made only via the project
> > page,
>
> Why is that?

I didn't want to inundate the list with announcements of fiddly changes,
especially if they mostly affect internals or input syntax (without adding
much functionality). When "substantial feature enhancements" occur, I'll
email the list.

Best, Andy

Andrew D. Hwang			ahwang@mathcs.holycross.edu
Department of Math and CS	http://math.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross	(508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395	(508) 793-3530 (fax)