Re: Elaps problem

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Gunnar wrote:

> I tried to create an eps from the example inthe epix tutorial.
> The semicircle in section 2.1 (I have attached the code)
>
> I give the command
>  elaps semicirc.cpp
>
> and I get
> [ghostscript errors]
> GNU Ghostscript 6.53: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
> sed: -e expression #2, char 15: Extra characters after command
>
> So... where to start finding the problem?

Dear Gunnar,

I had the same problem when I upgraded to Mandrake 9.0. The bug was in
/usr/bin/ps2epsi, of all places. :)

Near the end of that file (line 66 or so) is a sed command with bad
syntax. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what change I made, but it
was something like putting a space into the sed line. If that's not
helpful, please let me know, and/or email me a copy of your
/usr/bin/ps2epsi and I'll diff it against mine.

Hope that's helpful,

Andy

Andrew D. Hwang			ahwang at mathcs dot holycross dot edu
Department of Math and CS	http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross	(508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395	(508) 793-3530 (fax)