Re: Pre-release

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Jay Belanger wrote:

> > The current naming has grown ("like a fungus", one might legitimately
> > say),
>
> I assume the naming grows as the functionality grows.  That strikes
> me as a good thing.  A fungus, on the other hand, is usually a bad
> thing.
Perhaps I should have said the names are an accretion. :)

In a well-designed library, there should be more power and flexibility
with a smaller proliferation of names. Lots of ePiX code, especially in
the parts that were carried over from 0.6 and before, are embarrassing now
even to me. The re-write is going to be object-oriented, which will allow
input files to do much more with less.

> (Although:  Q: Why does everyone like Mr. Mushroom?  A:
> Because he's a fungi!)

Ouch. Mycologists have more fungi.

> > but is designed in TNG. For now, you can put the line
>
> TNG?  As in ST:TNG?

Yes. :)

--A

Andrew D. Hwang			ahwang at mathcs dot holycross dot edu
Department of Math and CS	http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross	(508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395	(508) 793-3530 (fax)