Re: New release (v0.8.8rc4)

"Andrew D. Hwang" <ahwang@mathcs.holycross.edu> writes:

> * A few small bugs have been fixed. (No one's been using the contrib
> package...? :)

As for me, I haven't needed it yet, but I expect to be using it a bit
in the future.
I just tried it out, though, using the program on page 43 of the
manual:

#include <epix.h>

main() {
  struct CartesianStyle cs;

  bounding_box(P(-3,-2),P(5,6));
  picture(P(12,12));
  unitlength("5mm");
  begin();

  initCartesianStruct(&cs);
  cartesianCoord(cs);
  end();
}

When I run epix on it, I get the error:
jay> epix test.c
test.c: In function `int main()':
test.c:5: aggregate `CartesianStyle cs' has incomplete type and cannot be
   defined
test.c:12: `initCartesianStruct' undeclared (first use this function)
test.c:12: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function
   it appears in.)
test.c:13: `cartesianCoord' undeclared (first use this function)
epix: ERROR: Compilation failed

One other thing.  The axes generated with h_axis, etc., don't have
arrows on their ends.  The axes genereated by ePiX_ext have arrows in
the positive directions.  Usually when I draw axes, I mean for them to
extend infinitely in all directions, so I have arrows on both sides.
Is there a way of doing this?
(Also, plots with arrows would be handy.)

Jay