Angles and elaps and emacs, oh my!

It seems that the epix commands take angle measurements in
either radians, degrees, or revolutions, depending on the
particular command.  The inconsistency strikes me as unfortunate, is
there a reason for it?

Also, epix and elaps are somewhat inconsistent; epix can take command
line arguments of the form -I..., etc., while elaps cannot, and epix
can handle files which end in either c or cc, while elaps chokes on
cc.

Finally, I wrote an emacs mode for epix; essentially, it is c++ mode
with additional commands for running epix, elaps, going to errors, and
viewing the eps output of elaps.  It's somewhat crude, but works for
me.  If there is any interest, I'll post it, otherwise I won't waste
the bandwidth.

Jay