Re: New release (v0.8.7rc4)

On 9 Sep 2002, Jay Belanger wrote:

> I noticed that the user is hardwired in epix; if root installs epix,
> then epix has
> EPIX_CONFIG_FILE="/root/.epixrc"
> Perhaps the installation process replaces $HOME with the actual value
> at the time of installation.

Oops...will fix this presently. Thanks!

> (I also noticed that epix has
> INSTALL_DIR=/usr/local
> and
> HDR_PATH=$INSTALL_DIR/include
> no matter where epix is installed.
That's odd...when you compile and install, do you modify the "prefix"
variable near the top of the Makefile? That's where the INSTALL_DIR in
"epix" should actually be set. It's my attempt at centralizing the install
information without having to learn autoconf. :)

> It doesn't seem to matter, though,
> it still works even though I've installed it in /usr.  Perhaps
> /usr/include and /usr/lib are default paths for g++?)

That's probably right.

> By the way, in case I haven't mentioned it yet, every one of my
> comments has an implicit
> "This whole thing is cool, thanks!"
> attached to it.

I'm glad the program is useful to you; thanks for your help debugging!

--Andy

P.S. Forgot to mention about the "typo" in the K&R code: I believe K&R is
pretty thoroughly debugged, so if code from them doesn't work it's
probably because I mis-typed something.

Andrew D. Hwang			ahwang at mathcs dot holycross dot edu
Department of Math and CS	http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang
College of the Holy Cross	(508) 793-2458 (Office: 320 Swords)
Worcester, MA, 01610-2395	(508) 793-3530 (fax)